The Ghana Education Service (GES) has released infographics to aid parents and candidates of the just-ended Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) select their school of choice and have a smooth placement.
Here are 5 guidelines for the school selection process;
1. All SHS/SHTS/TVET institutions have been placed in 4 categories namely Category A, B,C and D
2. All candidates must choose their 1st to 5th choices from schools in Category A, B, and C in order of preference
3. Each choice must have a program and accommodation preference (Day or Boarding)
4. Candidates and parents should note that Category A schools can only be selected once and Category B schools can be selected twice. A candidate can select all 5 choices from Category C
5. Additionally candidates are to select a compulsory day as 6th choice from category D or choose boarding school from the list of schools in Appendix 3(of the 2021 schools register) as special boarding