- 500g flour
- 150g sugar
- 7g dry yeast or you can also use 25g fresh yeast
- 200ml lukewarm water
- 200ml lukewarm milk
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- 1Pour all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together.
- 2Add the lukewarm water and the milk ( note not hot water and hot milk other wise that will kill the yeast but lukewarm).
- 3Mix everything well with your hand but you can also use a hand mixer, the mixture should be on low.
- 4Cover the mixture for about an hour to 2 hours or till the dough doubled the size.
- 5Heat the oil on fire or deep fryer.
- 6Stir the mixture and start scooping with your fingers into a golf ball shape and drop it in the oil.
- 7Keep stirring turning the bofroat and fry till golden brown.
- 8Drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
- 9Serve with hot porridge or by self and enjoy