The biggest opposition party, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has, in a statement, listed 60 achievements of former President John Mahama in response to Vice-President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia’s recent publication of 50 achievements of President Nana Akufo-Addo.
Read the NDC’s list of Mr Mahama’s achievements below:
60 Credible Achievement of John Dramani Mahama government
1. He deployed emergency plants and speed up the completion of ongoing plants resulted in the addition of more than 800 megawatts (MW) of power within 18-months.
2. In addition to the Energy Sector Levy and ongoing works to restructure the legacy debt of the power utilities, which helped to stabilise the power situation.
Water and sanitation
On water, President Mahama increased investments in the provision of clean drinking water and cited the provision of boreholes, small-town water systems and major urban water treatment projects as some initiatives that had significantly increased access to clean drinking water.
3. The Teshie desalination plant,
4. The Kpong water expansion project
5. The ATMA project have expanded access to urban water supply in the capital, Accra.
6. The Wa water supply project
7. The 3Ks project, covering Kumawu, Konongo and Kwahu,
Roads and transport
John Mahama’s tenure of office had some of the most massive investments in the road sector in the history of the country. Some of the road projects include;
11. Tetteh Quarshie-Adenta.
Other projects include;
12. The Kwame Nkrumah Interchange,
13. The Kasoa overhead bridge
14. The Airport Hills/Burma Camp network of roads,
15 The 37-El Wak-Trade Fair road.
16. The NDC government invested more resources in continuing the Eastern corridor roads
17. Asphalt overlay of roads in regional and district capitals
18. Cocoa roads across the country
Other ongoing projects before leaving office includes;
19. The Tema Motorway Roundabout decongestion project.
20. New bridge from Flower Pot Roundabout on the Spintex Road over the Accra-Tema Motorway to East Legon.